by Paul Lucas, Michael M. Berrow, Richard K. Frazine and Robert A. Neinast, 1997 (updated September 1999)
This is hoped to be the definitive paper on barefooters explaining:
- who we are and why going barefoot means a lot to us,
- there are no laws or health department regulations against bare feet,
- why we believe discrimination against barefooters is illegal,
- how going barefoot is natural and healthy,
- and how some shoes are harmful.
It is hoped that this paper will help to regain the freedom our parents and grandparents had to go barefoot anywhere. We do this for ourselves and our children.
The paper is available in Adobe PDF format here: A Case for Bare Feet